proper care ensures the quality of your candle and the safety of you and your loved ones. maintaining a candle is simple and easy. follow these tips for a longer, safer burning candle.
- make sure your wick is trimmed to a 1/4 of an inch before lighting your candle.
- the first burn is the most important burn for a candle. you want to allow it to achieve a fully melted top, also known as a melt pool. by doing this you are preventing the candle from forming a tunnel. the general rule is 1 hour = 1 inch in diameter of the candle. for example, a 3 inch candle should take 3 hours to achieve a full melt pool.
- trim your wicks...yes again! it is very important to trim your wicks before every burn. this will limit sooting of the wick and ensure a safe, steady flame.
- when enjoying your candle make sure to avoid fans, vents, and windows. drafts can cause the flame to burn unevenly.
- never burn your candle all the way down, this is a major fire hazard! even though they are meant for candles, the vessels can shatter or crack due to over heating. when there is about a 1/2 inch of wax remaining its time for a new candle. safely dispose the rest of your wax and re-use your vessel.
- never leave a candle burning unattended or near pets and children.